Monday, April 26, 2010

A Wicked Anniversary

We were supposed to spend the morning of our anniversary in Rome, and the evening in Paris. How romantic is that? But when the dang volcano erupted all of our plans went to boot and we had to quickly devise a new plan for the big day. Jim told me that he would plan absolutely everything on one condition: I would let it be a surprise. It pretty much killed me, but I didn't beg him (too much) to tell me what we were doing.




Saturday morning came and off we were, sans Talmage, to London. Jim told me clues along the way...but I had no idea what he had in store for us. I was SO excited when we arrived at the Wicked ticket office I could hardly stand it. We had both seen Wicked once before, and we spent our whole honeymoon playing the soundtrack, so seeing the musical two years later was so special! It was just as amazing, if not more amazing, than I remembered. What a great anniversary and what a great husband, the best even! I am SO lucky to be married to him.


Just the two of us enjoying a warm, beautiful day in St. James' park before the show. The flowers were in bloom and the lawn was full of sunbathers (AKA--the people-watching was out of this world!) It was a perfect day. We are so blessed.

A big, huge, gigantic thanks to the Lewises for taking care of Talmage all day. He had a blast at the botanical gardens and punting on the Cam. Thanks you two (and a half)!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your two year anniversary! And Heather, your dress in this post is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that? Congrats you too.
    What a fun day and a darling dress.
    I just wrote that as my eyes glanced at the comment above - it is true your dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete