Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Birthday Interview & the ER

Chocolate-chip waffles. Lightning McQueen plates. Birthday balloons, signs and paintings.


Happy Birthday Oreos for my nursery friends. Mac n Cheese for lunch. Family presents and a cute little brother!

I am special today plate--pizza and mandarins. Ice cream cones for dessert--3 candles on top.


9 pm. Already in bed for 2 hours. Get excited to see Mommy who comes in to feed Evie. Lunge towards her--hit my bed frame and split open my head. Bummer way to end my bday.


At least Stanford's ER has a big screen TV in every room. I watched Cars while the doctor's worked. A whole lot of glue, a few steri strips and a Nemo sticker. Got home at midnight--now that was a full birthday! And since this is the second birthday in a row that I've visited the ER, Mommy is going to put me in a helmet next year!


***

I know a few people who do birthday interviews, and I think it's a fun idea. We'll ask the boys the same questions every year on their birthday and see how things change--or don't! (PS--I wrote his responses word for word.)


What is your favorite:
Color:
uh, my favorite color is yellow.
Food: uh, mmm, muffins. What kind? Strawberry muffins.
Game: my favorite game is a train game. Can I press that button for it can chug?
Book: mmm, uh a train book.
Toy: mmm, my favorite toy is a train.
Treat: my favorite treat, mm, is crackers.
Song: uh, my favorite song if the dinosaur train song.
Thing to learn about: my favorite thing to learn about is dinosaurs
Animal: my favorite animal is a dinosaur
TV show: my tv show is the dinosaur train
Thing to wear: my favorite thing is to wear underwear
Holiday: mmm, my favorite holiday is when we get birthday presents, we open them up, and the dinosaur train was in there and there were dinosaurs in there too (squeals)
What do you want to be when you grow up? I don’t know. I think I wanted to be when I grow up is a train.
If someone was being mean to your brother, what would you do? I say, “Pwease don’t be mean to my brother.”
Who is your best friend? Frankie.
What is something you want to learn to do this year? I don’t know. I fink…like, a train.
What is something that you are really good at? Huh? Huh? I don’t know. I know. Know. I’m really good at a friend whose behind me. What do you do to that friend? Play with that friend.
If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? Toys.
If you were an animal, what would you be? I wanted to be a giraffe. Why I do want to be a giraffe because I’d have a long, long neck.
What do you want someone to invent? Huh? A train.
If you could have a magic power, what would it be? A dinosaur power.
How many kids do you want to have when you grow up and get married? I want two kids.
What kind of house would you like to live in: an igloo, a treehouse, a castle, a cave, or our house? Our house. Huh. Yeah.
Who is the prettiest girl in the whole world? Cedar.
Where do you want to go on your mission? I want to go on a mission, like Uncle Chase goes on a mission. I will go to butter.

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness i have the funniest nephew in the world! i love that little boy so much! I would love to go to butter as well...it sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That interview was so cute! That is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the ER but the interview was hilarious! Such a great way to remember his personality at 3. I loved that his favorite clothing is underware and that he wants to go to Butter. Everything tastes better with butter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you don't think your son likes trains do you? I love that birthday interview idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... he sure LOVES his trains! I am glad his favorite thing to wear is underwear. :) Poor thing going to the ER again. I'd go for a helmet next year too....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to how these answers change over the years! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete