Wednesday, March 11, 2015

T's 6-year-old Birthday Interview

If you ask Talmage, this was the best birthday in the history of birthdays. For most people that's just an expression, but that kid has the most impressive memory of anyone I know (and can remember details from his second birthday like it's nothing) so I'm tempted to believe him. It doesn't take much to make him feel loved and special which makes me want to spoil him all the more. We had a great day of breakfast pancakes, donuts at school, a Times Square dinner and Toys R Us shenanigans. I have a hard time believing my baby is six...but I guess it's true. He's six! Last night when he was giving me a hug before bed he said, "Mom, are you going to miss me?" I was super confused and then he said, "This is the last time you'll ever hug a five-year-old Talmage. Tomorrow, you'll be hugging a six-year-old T." That certainly made me tear up a little, but luckily six-year-old Talmage's are awfully fun to hug and cuddle!

And now, to the birthday interview--by far my favorite part of every birthday! We read all of T's past interviews and our eyes were filled with hysterical, laughing tears over all his cute answers. That kid is awesome! I must admit, my favorite part of this year's interview was when he called me the prettiest girl in the world. It sure beats last year when he said he didn't know any pretty girls!!!

What is your favorite...
Color: Yellow
Food: Macaroni and Cheese
Game: Fruit Ninja
Book: The Book With No Pictures
Toy: I don't really know. I don't really play with any toys. Well, wait. I do play with toys. Legos! Lego, le-go of my legos!
Treat: Chocolate
Song: Gummy Bear
Thing to learn about: Sharks
Animal: Uh, cheetah
TV show:  Wild Kratts
Thing to wear: Subway shirts
Holiday: Uh, can I choose two? My birthday and Christmas.

What do you want to be when you grow up? Mmm, tricky, hmm, what do i want to be when i grow up? A construction worker!
If someone was being mean to your brother, what would you do? Ask them to stop!

Who is your best friend? Adam, he used to tell me animal stories...the monkey story was the funniest!
What is something you want to learn to do this year? Uh...hand stand. Wait, and do monkey bars better.

What is something that you are really good at? Hmmm...flips. 
If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? The hot wheels fire track thing. It's just a race track where you have to free a trapped car and if one of your cars gets trapped you have to pull a lever. I saw it in the toy store. 

If you were an animal, what would you be? A cheetah, because I want to go really fast and get lots of food. Even though I'd get tired.
What do you want someone to invent? What do I want to invent? Paper airplanes that can fly from New York to Alabama...or even further. Or nuts that can fly! (Cue hysterical laughter from T and Ev)

If you could have a magic power, what would it be? To be the silliest person in the world.
How many kids do you want to have when you grow up and get married? Uh, 12.

What kind of house would you like to live in: an igloo, a tree house, a castle, a cave, or our house? Our house, because it's so nice!
Who is the prettiest girl in the whole world? Mom! My Mommy. 

Where do you want to go on your mission? Florida! My dream planet.
What's your favorite scripture story? Nephi building the ship

No comments:

Post a Comment