I held his head together with a towel, and called my neighbor to see if she could come assess the situation (she has two little girls and has already done the stitches thing). She agreed with me that he needed to get to the ER, and bless her heart she drove us there as fast as she could (and stayed with me until everything was under control, and took this picture of me and T waiting to get stitched up, and brought food to the hospital for T and I, and picked us up after the whole ordeal was over, and made us dinner and cookies...yep, she's a saint!) Poor Jim was at school when this happened and I was only able to send him a one-sentence email telling him where we were and what was going on. I didn't get reception in the ER and by 4:30 he was going crazy with anxiety. He was supposed to have a late night, but instead came home to have dinner with his boy! He's also being a good sport about helping T keep the bandage on his head. He's supposed to wear it for 24 hours straight (and then band-aid's after that) but he doesn't think it's quite as cool as wearing a hat and keeps trying to take it off! But when Daddy wears it, T wears it!
I kind of thought T would come home a little more timid and careful (and obedient maybe). Wishful thinking on my part! He's been just as crazy, just as jumpy, and just as...independent! I feel like my first ER visit was kind of a right of passage...I just hope we don't make it routine. But with one wild boy and another on his way, I bet we'll be there more that I'd like ;)
My goodness Heather... Thats quite the story. You've had a rough couple weeks. I sure hope things slow down at your house. I know that same look that the kids give when they've heard you but it doesn't really matter.... its a look I could definitely live without =) Hang in there and I will think good thoughts for no more ER visits.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a long stressful day doctors and a sweet yet determined little boy. I hope for your sake that ER visits are few and far between in your home, but with two mischievous boys, who knows.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry! That sounds horrible!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Jim and T with the bandage is priceless! Love it - but so sorry that they have to wear those darn things!
ReplyDelete