Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Donuts and Doctors

Sometimes I feel like such a cool mom. This week we are in full packing/moving mode. So this week, not so much. But last week. Boy, last week I had some serious cool mom moments. None greater, of course, than when I took the boys to Psycho Donuts in Campbell. I had heard that this place was crazy awesome (emphasis on the crazy) and it did not disappoint. In fact, the lady behind the counter was dressed in full nurse-vampire grab and the baker came out from the back looking a little like Frankenstein (although I'm pretty sure he wasn't wearing a costume). The donuts were also delish, which made the trip totally worth it. I hope to go back again someday, maybe to try out these donuts: Cereal Killer (donut covered in Cap'n Crunch), Headbanger (decorated jelly filled) or Mello Submarine (rice krispies on a donut anyone?) There was also one with mounds of bacon on top, Dad? Did you hear that?   
 
The boys were pretty amused by the costumes and ambience, but let's be honest, they were mostly excited to be eating mid-day donuts on a random Wednesday! 

Evie chose the strawberry taco and T chose the one on the right, called "Comfortably Numb." Looking at this picture I think I finally get that he's wearing a straight jacket. This place was seriously crazy! Those were some good donuts. 

 Everett had his last check-up at the Heart Center before our move. I actually think the reason for our random donut run was a little anxiety on my part about this appointment. He had another sedated echo, and he doesn't handle sedation well at all. This appointment was no different, and after 35 minutes of torture he finally fell asleep in my arms and I left the room in tears. It usually takes about 48 hours before he's nice again, but this time he caught a cold right after his appointment so it's been rough. Luckily his heart looks stable for now. We are still playing the "wait and see" game with his mitral valve. It will need to be replaced, but luckily not yet. Oh, this heart mom business. 

As I mentioned, full speed ahead in the moving department. I've been cleaning closets and frequenting our Goodwill for weeks, so the process has been pretty painless. But even painless work can be a pain sometimes. Talmage has been quite the helper with writing on the boxes. He wrote closet on the one above, and was pretty pleased with his work! I am pleased with his writing as well. His smile in photographs, not so much. But his writing? Hoorah! 

1 comment:

  1. You always go to the coolest places!!! Good luck with your move and transition into your new home. Such fun times!!!

    ReplyDelete