Friday, August 17, 2018

First day

It's the first Friday of school which means, you guessed it, in approximately one hour my home will be overflowing with friends for our first Friday Ice Cream day of the new year. I'm still coming to grips with the fact that summer is really over and we're not currently eating Cheetos on the beach, but some Mexican popsicles with amigos should sweeten the blow. At least a little.

The first week has basically gone as expected. The kids love their new teachers and are excited to see their friends, but a return to homework and schedules has been rough and oh. the. tears. Mostly from one child, and mostly over homework (but mostly because he's exhausted I think?) This week has reminded me why I'm a summer mom, through and through. Homework, ahhhhhhhh!

But ready or not, we're back WWC! We've got a 4th grader and a 2nd grader who have the biggest brains and biggest hearts and are ready to learn and grow and experience so many wonderful things this year. I'm so excited for them and I love them, boy do I love them.

I wanted a picture of the boys on the first day of school but Cora kept saying, "Evie want me in picture too!" I figured, why not, especially since this will likely be the ONLY day this school year that the girls are actually dressed when we drop the boys off at school!

My two big, handsome, incredible boys in their back-to-school outfits of choice!

Chase, JJ and Evie are in the same class again and we're all so excited! Ev and Chase have been together since kinder. We're soooo lucky!

Carmine and T, together again! We love this kid and are grateful for his friendship!

Was Quinn sad when the boys left? Um, no! She kept saying, "Let's talk about all the things we can do without the boys. Make cookies with no boys. Go to the park with no boys. Have fun with no boys." Hahaha, this girl! She did make a mean batch of cookies to share with them for our first day of school cookie chat tradition, but I don't think she minded getting to lick allllll of the mixers!

No comments:

Post a Comment