Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Thanksgiving in Sac

At the very last minute we decided to skip town for Thanksgiving and visit family in Sacramento. It was a quick little jaunt, something we've perfected at this point, but somehow the long and late hours in the car always feel worth it if we get to spend even a day with those we love so much. James spent Thanksgiving with Honey and Grampa on the mountain and I took the kids to Mema and Pepa's house and even though we were apart it felt like just the right thing to do and I'm so glad we could make it happen. I'm grateful for our family near and far, for a magical minivan that can transport us all the way to Sac on a single tank of gas (although Quinny will be the first to tell you that she wishes it could have wings and fly us there) and for our health and happiness. The older I get the less I take any of that, or anything really, for granted.

T's homework assignment over the break was to do a chore or act of service that he wouldn't normally do and on Thanksgiving morning we found him outside raking the millions of leaves which had fallen from Mema and Pepa's trees. He worked really hard and was so excited to help...until he went out an hour later and found the grass he had just barely raked was covered with leaves once more, haha!

Quinny loved helping. And by helping, I mean jumping like a wild woman into every last one of T's piles!

Doesn't this baby look like he could be mine? With that blonde hair and his blue eyes I felt like I was looking at one of my own...at least what I thought my own would look like! Baby Oliver is just the cutest and we all had so much fun holding and loving on him. 

Mema and Pepa cuddling on the couch on Thanksgiving watching the Saints win! Who dat?!

Grammie is the very best back tickler in the world. I'm a certified grown up and I still go park myself in front of her for a little lovin' so it warmed my heart when I saw Coco go plop herself on Grammie's lap!

We stayed with the Big Wigs and the kids loved getting to spend so much time with Papa and Gigi, especially the night we spent eating donuts and watching a movie and staying up late-late! They were great hosts and it was a wonderful time for all of us. Thank you so much for the greatest Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment