Saturday, December 11, 2021

My girls

Quinn and Cora are everything I could have dreamed, no--they're better. They are in this perfect stage of childhood where they're learning to read and constantly making crafts and so unapologetically authentic and unique and it's an absolute thrill and delight. Kindergarteners. First graders. Is there anything better? Having two little girls finish my family still feels too good to be true and I love them with all my heart.

This turkey was definitely safe on Thanksgiving, all disguised in pink sparkles as a princess!

Cora made the turkey hat, but I was the lucky one to wear it. 

Quinny made it to the all-star team for soccer season and of course, all the McKee's showed up to cheer her on! It wasn't exactly what we were expecting (it kind of felt like a club team tryout) but if that's true Quinny-Cat will definitely be making the team because every coach there asked for her name. She's a wonder!


Quinny and Coach Micah. She was so lucky to be on his team this year. Oh yeah, and I was the assistant coach. She scored a billion goals a game and had a blast!

Birthday party face paint for this little fairy. 

These sisters are still yin and yang. These were their outfits of choice for adventuring with Mama. I love their styles--they're honestly my spirit animals, both of them! (Although Cora would want me to tell you that I made her wear tennis shoes, she would have preferred tip toe shoes or sandals.)

Quinny has been having a little bit of nerves going to school lately, so she stays close to me as we drop off Cora at her kinder class before walking Quinny to first grade.

Cora smiling up front, Quinny throwing people down in the back. 

So many tears for Cora when she watched the movie Clifford and the dogs got lost, haha. Luckily Uncle Gogo was there to comfort her. 

Date day for these cutie cousins. 

This piggy-girl desperately wanted to help me blow the leaves in the backyard. She was SO HELPFUL! I love it when kids think helping is fun. 

Not a day goes by that Quinny isn't talking about Julia--her 5th grade big buddy at school. Quinn is obsessed with Julia--she's funny and likes to play with her, she's good at soccer and has matching blonde hair. I'm so grateful for older kids who are kind and compassionate and such a good example for my littles. 

Fancy hair for the baby girl. 

They've learned how fun it is to put up their hair with towels after their baths. Gosh, they're darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment