Monday, May 9, 2011

Double Whammy

How fun is it to have a birthday and mother's day in the same weekend? Hecka darn fun, let me tell you! On my birthday night, Jim and I got a sitter for T and went to a restaurant called Jackson Hole. My favorite shuttle driver, Nick, told me this was his favorite place for good, and BIG, burgers and has been urging me to give it a shot.


Nick was right on both accounts--they were good and definitely big. I ate all of 3 bites before feeling super full. But of course I kept on eating, it was my birthday for heaven sake!


Jim provided the dinner entertainment since our normal jester (Talmage) wasn't there. We're so mature, huh? Those onion rings were DElish. I think I ate all of them. Woops!



As if we weren't totally full enough, we decided to head over to Serendipity for a little frozen hot chocolate action.


We were actually totally considering ordering the Golden Opulence Sundae, but unfortunately the $1,000 was in my other purse. Uh...anyone else really want to know what one of those bad boys must look like? Yeah, me too.


We split a frozen hot chocolate and it was absolutely perfect in every way. Rich and chocolatey with the right amount of freeze and floating flakes of chocolate for texture. Yum.



The whole restaurant is charming. The lighting, the art work, the teddy bear shrubs lit with twinkle lights in the windows--it was all amazing. The perfect way to finish off my birthday!




Mother's Day was Sunday and I uncharacteristically took ZERO pictures. Ah man. But I did take this picture a few days ago...what a stud. He can now "peddle, peddle" all by himself and can even steer the trike. It's so darn cute to watch him go! This kid tests my patience everyday, but I feel so blessed to be his Mommy. It was a great Sunday and a terrific Mother's Day.

4 comments:

  1. Wowza! That is a LOT of meat on those burgers!! Looks yummy though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday to one hecka cool mama, friend and old roommate! Glad you were treated so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday! May I say that that frozen hot chocolate looks heavenly?! Because it does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Why don't you tell somebody?! I feel like a jerk I didn't know it was your b day!

    ReplyDelete