Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A really, ridiculously, awesomely busy weekend

This last weekend was insanely busy, but it was a fun busy so I was totally ok with it!
 
Friday night we had a joint courtyard activity and it was awesome. We had a picnic and were serenaded by this awesome blue-grassy band. Remy took my glasses and wore them upside down for a good portion of the evening.


Remy is my little buddy. For such a busy little boy he loves to get some Heather cuddles lately and I am so darn grateful when he comes to get them!

Right after dinner we headed to the baseball game because it was fireworks night and T has been looking forward to this since last year's fireworks night! The game lasted for-ev-er but we knew that T would never let us live it down if we headed home early, so stay we did. The fireworks didn't even start until 10 pm. Yeah, it was a late night.

Especially since it was also sleepover night, and again T was told so we couldn't go back on it. It's amazing how exciting a blow up mattress in our tiny living room can seem--for me and the little boys at least! James ditched out at about 3 am (he can't sleep anywhere but a bed) and I made him take Evie with him. T and I made it the whole night though ;)

On Saturday we got a special visit from the Big Wigs and Great Papa. Everett went right over to him for a cuddle and it was super cute! We were glad to see them.

Saturday afternoon we headed over to Pow Wow Days, but I'm afraid the late fireworks night was a little more than our boys could handle. They fought, over everything, the whole time! Evie was particularly emotional, poor chap. One of these days I should probably break down and buy two of things instead of making them share.

But James got to hold a bird, which pretty much made all the crying worth it. How cool is that?

Sunday was Mother's Day and I had the best dinner I've ever had. BBQ Kabobs, grilled asparagus, spinach salad with strawberries, candied walnuts and feta, ciabatta bread and watermelon. James did such, such, such a good job and I was so grateful. Yum.

My sweet and sassy little boys with me on Mother's Day.

And for dessert, oh dessert! Our neighbors Nick and Alice invited us over for the yummiest Martha Stewart chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. It was the best way to end an already awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment