Monday, May 13, 2013

My Birthday and stuff

Two really awesome things happened on my birthday. Three, if you count my free wax at the Brow Bar. But for purposes of this blog, let's just count two.
 
One: I got spoiled.
Donuts for breakfast, songs from my sons, a day full of birthday wishes and presents and happy thoughts, and a little courtyard potluck party to finish it off. That cake was huge and we polished it off. Birthday's are so fun, I'm so glad they're coming around more often these days (oh wait, it just feels like they're coming with every blink!)  
 That sweet little girl does not belong to me, although I'd claim her in a second. I think I look pretty good with a girl on my side ;)
 
 Some of our fun courtyard friends. Insert tear here.
 
Two: Thea Harper.
I got an email from my dear friend Ash the morning of my birthday telling me that she was giving me a birthday baby friend. I wanted her to have that little girl on my birthday so bad...and it happened! Of course I couldn't help but visit Ash and little Thea as soon as possible. She is perfect.

 Ash and Thea looked so beautiful snuggling on the bed together. Newborns are so little and sweet and delicious.
 
 I was the first person to jump over the opportunity to hold the little birthday girl. We're going to be friends for life, me and Miss Thea.
 
Ash was so gracious to let us come to the hospital just hours after the birth. It was so special, and she looked like a knock out.

Welcome to the world Miss Thea. You are such a lovely little bird. And happy, happy birthday to us! 

1 comment: