Sunday, March 23, 2014

Yo, it's Spring I think. And some celebrations.

When the weatherman says "Welcome to Spring!" and warns of severe weather whiplash in the same sentence I kind of want to throw my heels at the TV. I don't really do the heel thing but those shoes would cause the most damage, I presume, so the heels must be thrown to show my disgust at this darn, darn introduction to Spring in New York. I'll just remind everyone that the weather has been flip-flopping from 20 degrees to the 50s every other day for the last week. It's a dirty trick I tell ya. Sure, this arrangement is better than everyday in the 20s (or worse) for sure, but.
 
So, we've been celebrating a little around here to make up for Mother Nature. Mostly celebrating the return home of James who spent the week working a case in Alabama. He ate fried moon pies while I scrubbed toilets because the boys waited until his flight took-off to be hit with the stomach flu, which fyi I don't think is a very fair trade! But since we were stuck indoors for so many days in a row we were thrilled, THRILLED, to have another human being to talk at--and boy do T and I like to talk! Ever mostly just likes to cuddle. So Daddy came home, hooray! We sure miss that guy when he's away. {Halfway through the week Everett let out a deep sigh and said, "Oh no, our Jim just isn't going to come back!" I guess he was feeling a little hopeless about how long it was taking!} And here are some other fun things from lately:
 
We had a few friends over to share pie on pi day. Mostly James wanted an excuse to make Key Lime Pie, and man did he rock it!

Not one picture of friends (seriously though?) but here's some pies just in case you wanted to see them.
 
 And then there was our green dinner on St. Patty's day. The boys were sick and we didn't even leave the house but they loved that everything on their plate was green (and more importantly for Talmage, my vegetarian--no meat!)

 Oh yes, they were in their undies and I wore no green, but shoot we had a festive dinner!

 I thought we were all well enough to go out come Saturday, but turns out Ever Knight was still sicky and seriously grumpy. We went to VH1's Save the Music event hosted by Nick Lachey and while T had a blast, we ended up leaving early to bring Everett home. That poor baby doesn't catch a break in the sick department.

T got to test drive a bunch of instruments (don't worry! they were all sanitized and each kid got their own reed!) and has now decided he wants to take violin lessons. The idea of my Mr. T with a violin on his chin is almost too much for me to handle. Looking in to it while we speak!

And Sponge Bob was there--T was so excited. He's never seen this show but will say, "Uncle Chase likes Sponge Bob!" or "Pepa bought me a Sponge Bob ice cream once!" So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment