Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Pickle and Pepper Jack Ketchup Post

So...for lunch today I ate a pickle and pepper jack sandwich with extra mustard. It's been far too long since I've really updated this blog, and, well, telling you about my weird lunch craving seemed the only sensible way to dive back in. I'm not exactly sure why, but there you go. And if you were wondering, I used a hot dog bun instead of normal bread. Weird, weird life I'm living people.

Weird, yes, but pretty awesome sometimes too. Because not only am I feeling somewhat human again after lying on the bathroom floor for weeks on end, but I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, mean Old Man Winter is finally waving the white flag over New York City. I'm still kind of cursing the guy, but I'm also singing his praises for peacing out already. It's the middle of April for heaven sake, isn't that practically summer back in California? One things for sure, Talmage is loud and proud about his disdain for all things cold and love for all things sunshiney. In the past week we've had two deliciously warm days and both times T was seen skipping and singing at the top of his lungs a made up song about how "I love Spring in New York, but only when it's not acting like Winter. Because I like the WARM the very most!!!!" That Talmage Scott is so much his dad so much of the time, and then BAM, he's all mine!



We went to see the Flower Show at Macy's. In protest the boys decided they were all going to wear khakis and blue collared shirts and I wasn't allowed to be in their boys-only club (see the picture at the top of this post for proof). And then I told them that their sister was already my favorite child. OK, no I didn't. But people, don't you agree that I need someone to be on my pink-wearing team? Yes, I do. And I'm so excited that she's coming. The Flower Show was magnificent as always, and I made all three of those blue-wearing boys go shopping with me for baby girl clothes when we were done. Ha! I sure showed them!

There's been a lot of preschool going on lately. I was in charge of V week so we made a Volcano and Vases of flowers and somehow I got enough energy to cut their watermelon into little V's. These kids are so easy to please and so happy to be together, plus they cut me some major slack when I sent them to play while I rested between activities.


Dr. Martland came to visit from Cambridge, and the Weitzels from Palo Alto. Visitors are dreamy.


What else for ketchup sake? A group of fun friends did a pasta making class and it was ridiculously fun to get together and learn from a real pro. And turns out, pasta making is not nearly as hard as you'd think. Another couple of friends and I made peeps together...at least we tried. The joke of the night was that our Easter peeps looked more like Easter poops. But alas, it was fun and my stomach was tight as can be from laughing so hard! And free ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Yes, please. And speaking of ketchup. Everett begs me to put some on his plate so he can eat it with a spoon. The idea completely disgusts me, but turns out the kid kind of loves it. Not that I can judge, I'm just more a spoonful of mustard kind of girl.

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog, Heath. It makes me feel like we're still down-the-river neighbors and like we've seen more recently than, say, 3 years or so. So KEEP WRITING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your catch up post. Glad you are feeling better. I am so excited for you to get a girl around your place. And you live in a 450 sq. ft. apartment and can get multiple visitors and I live in a much larger house (relatively speaking) with extra bedrooms and still cant get people to come visit me. Pros and cons to it all, I guess. I can't wait to see you this summer!!

    ReplyDelete