Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day in Brooklyn

Today is Earth Day so we decided to spend the whole darn thing outside. We stopped downtown and had a little snack with Dad and then took the 4 train to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. Flowers, flowers everywhere and Tuesday's are free to boot. But that rule banning all food from the premises, I don't get it. I see a big field of grass surrounded by cherry blossoms and my stomach immediately starts to grumble...but take my word for it for I saw them chew out a Chinese family who I dare say didn't speak a lick of English, don't mess with the BBG Security team.


It was such a beautiful day and the park is gorgeous, but boys and flowers are only friends for approximately five minutes (ok, more like 30) so we left out the back door in search for the Prospect Park Zoo. Oh, but before we left the boys entertained themselves by playing the sweetest game of hide-and-seek you ever have seen. Every time Ever was the "Counter" T hid behind the same skinny tree and Ever just couldn't find him as hard as he tried, time after time after time. And then when T counted, Ever would plop himself in the middle of the field and hide just like an Easter egg. T would laugh and be so frustrated in the same breath and say, "No Everett...that's not how you hide. I can't even find you because I open my eyes and I'm just seeing you!"

The zoo was small and perfect for a few hours of fun. Anytime Talmage can get his fingers in a goat's mouth he's game, and Everett was pretty content with pretending he was a turtle and skipping over lily pads. We also watched some of the most active sea lions I have ever seen. It was such a beautiful way to spend Earth day. Hopefully the rest of the Spring, all Summer and at least half of next Fall are equally as warm and celebratory!

No comments:

Post a Comment