Friday, October 17, 2014

Party of FIVE: Some more hospital pics

The little boys were smitten with their sister from the very start, and luckily in the two weeks since she's been in our family their obsession has only grown. That first time that T and Ever held Miss Quinn the air was full of "Ahh, she's so cute!" and "Hi Sister!" and "She's so fun, I love her!" They wanted to count her toes and touch her face (after sanitizing, of course!) and ooh and ahh over her sweet clothes and bow. Luckily my mom took a video of their reaction which I'm sure I'll cherish forever, but this picture also makes my heart burst just a little. I'm so lucky to call ALL of these kids mine!

Talmage has taken the transition like a stud. He's still learning his routine of school and soccer and piano and is extra tired when he finally gets home, but he hasn't taken his exhaustion out on me or on Quinn (just a little on his little brother Ev!) He loves that sister of his, and especially likes to whisper secrets in her ear. Luckily in the hospital he whispered loud enough for me to hear his sweet nothing, "Hi sister! Do you remember me?" It made me so happy, and reminded me of this post.

Everett has actually surprised me with how much he loves his little sister, this from the boy that desperately wanted a brother up to the moment she was born. But now that she's hear, bam! he's in love! He's the official diaper man and takes his job very seriously. He also likes to pick out a bow everyday to match her outfit. He is a fabulous big brother for Quinny girl. Unlike Talmage though, Ev is taking some of the transition out on me (and Mema). That little boy is spi-cey, that's all I'm going to say!

Wigginton family- party of 5. Gosh, that's exciting! Our new family's first picture.

I don't know how we would be surviving without my mom. No, let me rephrase that: we would not be surviving without my mom. She is taking care of all of us and keeping up with our busy city schedule. She's a saint. I love that we got this picture of Mema, Mommy and my first daughter, little Miss Quinn. In fact, all of the pictures on this post were from my mom's phone and I was smiling ear to ear when I found them yesterday!

And this picture. Oh, this picture! James and I brought Quinn home in a taxi, and called my mom to bring the boys down when we got close. Everett immediately grabbed his dragon mask he made in preschool because he wanted us to see it so badly. As soon as Quinny was out of the cab those boys were surrounding her and talking to her and basically being just so super cute. This is bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I've been catching up on all your cute posts! I've been dying to know how pregnancy was going and SOOO happy to see your blog. I am so happy for you to have little Quinn home safely!! I have been dying here with my little miss and I'm sure you feel it even more because not only is she a girl, but you got to bring her home healthy!! YAY. What a blessing. Your boys are sooo super cute. I totally miss those huge personalities. Sounds like Talmage is doing really well in Kindergarten. What a tender mercy?! I know you were worried about it. Fun for him to be in Grace's class. Just having one friend makes all the difference. Anyway, super cute blog. I'm going to keep up with you all now, so don't be surprised if I blog stock you! CONGRATS again and again on such a beautiful baby. I love her!

    ReplyDelete