It didn't take much effort from me--red paper plates, a few Taiwan mementos, dumplings for dinner and bok choy in our broth--but the kids saw the magic in our Chinese New Year celebration and were thrilled by every last detail. I mean, I was just setting up a simple dinner and they kept saying, "Oh, look at our party! This is such a fun party. I love that we're having a party!" Oh to be as easily pleased as my little chickens! We ate with chopsticks and learned to count to ten in Chinese and finished the meal with mandarins and cookies straight from mainland. To be honest, Everett stole the show with his dragon art on the wall, his recitation of each of our Zodiac animals and my very favorite part, his hand-made envelopes for each of his siblings with a $1 bill inside. Last year we made hundreds of dumplings and hosted an army and it was so fun, but this Wiggy party of five was just as sweet. Welcome to the year of the Pig!

No comments:
Post a Comment