Wednesday, March 6, 2019

It's Raining. Blah!

 The boys were playing dodgeball with friends and the girls talked me into a date night consisting of Din Tai Fung dumplings and buying them glasses so we could be all the same! Love these little messy mamas.

It's been a few solid months of rain here in Los Angeles and when I say I'm over it, you can take those words at face value. I. Am. SOOOO. Over. It. A summer-lover and sunshine queen, these grey, wet days are doing nothing for my mood. Most February's bring me at least a few warm beach days, but this last one was the coldest in LA's recorded history and has found me shoveling my savings to keep that furnace fired up. It's cold. I'm a wimp. And gosh it's so wet and messy outside. There's a reason I'm not a Washingtonian and this is it. Please Mother Nature, return the sunshine to SoCal. 

In other news, I think I'm getting sick on top of it being my monthly moment, which is probably why when I sat down to rest/write all I could think about was grump, grump, grump and whine, whine, whine. The temperature hasn't taken a beating in quite a while on this blog of mine, years even, but this afternoon it was the unfortunate recipient of my under-the-weather wrath. It's not that bad, my sickness that is, I just feel sluggish with a sore head and maybe there's a small tickle in my throat? I'm the queen of talking away my symptoms but after 24 hours of unsuccessful persuasion I'm sitting on my bed, listening to the birds sing through the rainstorm and trying to give myself a break. A productive break, I'm blogging and all, but hopefully the thirty minutes between now and when the boys come racing through the door will do my tired body some good. 

One last thing before I go, I'm running again. After my 5K in December I lost all motivation and didn't log a single mile in January. And while February brought it's fair share of rain it also saw me signing up for an April 10K and committing to a training regime that is bringing me so much strength and confidence and happiness. I won't say I love running because I try not to lie, but I ran over 35 miles in February and shaved a whole minute off my average mile and I'm so proud of myself I could burst! The real highlight of my work-out week, however, comes from my Tuesday hip-hop class which is harder, more mentally stimulating and a thousand times more fun than any kind of exercise I've ever done. I may not be able to control the weather, or most things for that matter, but I'm moving my body and that has definitely helped me not be so grumpy about the rain. Until today that is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment