It was the summer of music blasting in my minivan with the windows down, blasting from my giant speaker on wheels being pulled from one room to another around our pad, blasting at the lake on Fridays and the pool on Tuesdays and our cleaning day on Mondays. It was Sunroof and Feels like Summer and About Damn Time and A-O-K and everything Justin Bieber and always Taylor Swift and the Zombies album and Bones and Heat Waves. It was the summer of T and Ev switching off daily for the front seat and control over the tunes, but Ev almost always paying T a jolly rancher so that he could claim shotgun and we all were the better for it because DJ Ev is top notch. It was the busiest of summers what with Girls Camp and Boys Camp and Baseball Camp and no soccer camp because Quinny broke her foot but also two weeks in Utah and All-Stars for Ev and hosting our LA fav's and so much adventuring and chilling and baseball and fun and yet as I look back on it all, a summer that went way too fast but was also immeasurably fulfilling, I think it'll always be a soundtrack to me. Every time I think about summer 2022 I'll hear Jiggle, Jiggle and As It Was and One Thing Right. I'm a summer mom, always and forever, and this summer was everything I could have ever wanted (except for the length, can we pretty please have August back and start school in September?!)



No comments:
Post a Comment