Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last Wiggy Standing

I was the last Wiggy standing, but now I've joined the ranks of sicky's.

Here's how my morning went.
Doctor looking in my left ear says: WOW, you have a really bad infection in that ear.

(I was not surprised. I woke up at 1 am with a throbbing ear and a pounding headache. I cried and I couldn't sleep all night. I called the after-hours clinic and spoke with a doctor, who said there was nothing they could do for me until morning. "It's going to be a miserable night for you," she said. "Sleep sitting straight up and try to get through it." Really? When was the last time you tried to sleep sitting straight up with an ear which feels like it could burst any moment and head that is near exploding? Let's just say it didn't happen. I was up until my appointment at 10 am.)
And then looking in my right ear, she says: Oh, and this ear is red as well. Yes, you have a double ear infection.

(Did I tell the doctor that maybe my sinus infection wouldn't have turned into a double ear infection had they seen me on Monday like I requested, and treated me for the sinus headache of the century? Instead, the doctor I spoke too on Monday said, "You'll be fine, just wait it out a few days." I should've told her, but I didn't.)

This is my favorite part. The doc says in one breath: Your eardrum could explode at any time. It will be very painful and a lot of stuff will drain. Regardless, you will have limited hearing for the next 2-3 weeks. OK, pick up meds next door and have a great day.

In and Out. Case closed.

So, I've been bumming around the house all day. My sweet hubby stayed home from school to take care of Talmage (and be my personal nurse) so I could relax and heal. He made lunch and dinner, played with, fed, changed, entertained el nino, and cleaned up the house. He's such a good husband and I'm so grateful for him.

Just FYI: My ear drum did burst, and who knew all the crazy stuff that would come out. Yes it was painful, but it still feels full of stuff so maybe it only half way exploded?

I still feel awful (I'm really looking forward to the meds kicking in), but at least I've had lots of time to admire our new holiday cheer decor (from the couch)!

Did we trick you? This is our home-made Christmas tree! We bought a few branches for super cheap and used clothes pins to attach them to our living room lamp. We had so much fun putting it together and we LOVE it. I know we'll ALWAYS remember this Christmas tree.

Fresh oranges. Homemade Christmas chain. Pine cone decorations and vanilla candles. Who said you can't do Christmas on a budget?

Socks on the radiator. I mean, stockings on the mantle.

Our own nativity set. (Inspired by the best new video on lds.org. Take a look!)


The boys putting together the Christmas chain.
It's beginning to look, and feel, a lot like Christmas.
I love this season and all it represents.
This truly is the season of Christ.

4 comments:

  1. Even with "sicky" eyes you are entertaining! What a gift! I hope you feel better honey, wish that we were closer to help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I didn't know that your ear drums burst. That is awful. How can I help? p.s. I love your Christmas decorations!!! The nativity is amazing. I don't know how you do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah..I hope you get better soon!!! I love you and I love your christmas spirit...we are so bad that the only ornament we have that says our first christmas also says, "James and Heather" on the front..ahahahah!

    I love you
    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA!!!! I love your Christmas tree! I'm glad you are able to make it feel like Christmas, even being so far from home! Hope you feel better....

    ReplyDelete