Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Like Mother, Like Son

My first words were "I do it."
Strong-willed from birth,
I put my mom threw 50+ hours of labor because I wasn't ready to come out.
My sainted mother says that as a toddler I would wear my shoes on the wrong feet all day, refusing help or reason because "I do it" all by myself.

Does it shock you that the little angel shown above wants to eat all by himself?
Most of the time I let him hold one spoon and feed him with another, just to appease him.
Today it didn't work.
He wanted the spoon Mommy was holding.
I gave in and gave it to him (he was almost done with dinner anyway) and let him eat the rest of the meal on his own.
He couldn't have been happier, as shown by his impish grin!
I'm a little nervous.
Is this payback for my "I do it" days?
Like mother, like son.
The damage.
And more of it!

I wanted a picture of the mounds of food in T's hand/up his sleeve so I had Jim attempt to hold it steady for the picture. Talmage obviously thought he was being attacked.
That kid cracks me up. The look on his face is priceless.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - you are going to have some fun days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FREAKIN' cute....

    Talmage if you come to Aunt Ash's house you can feed yourself 24/7 just as long as I can send you home to Momma let her clean you up!...How about spaghetti and grape juice...YUM :)

    ReplyDelete