Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Turkey and Kicking Off Christmas

Yesterday we bid farewell to November with our last Thanksgiving celebration, and welcomed December with our first Christmas party.

Right after church, we met up with some American friends I've made at playgroup, and their families, for a turkey lunch at a local church. It was great to meet their husbands and get to know them better. After the feast, we all sang songs (including "You are my sunshine") and danced the Virginia Reel. It was so much fun, and so American!

There were a lot of us...unfortunately I only have this picture of the back of everyone's head as they were watching the talented musician!

Everyone else was watching the musicians, but everytime I looked over I saw these two boys smiling at me. I'm not complaining at all!

Later that night we met Verlan and Katherine at another church in the city to watch their neighbor's perform in an Advent Carol Service. It was a great way to welcome the holidays!
(Two comments on the picture above. (1) I should have had V and K pose for the picture, but I'm glad they're documented either way. (2) Don't mind the baby mess on my skirt. Just another day as a Mommy!)

Talmage likes to sit in his own chair lately. He's SO Mr. Independent. He had his own program too...until he devoured it!

We loved the performance...and afterwards enjoyed a lovely dinner with the Lewises, courtesy of the incredible Chef Katherine!
I don't know about you, but I'm breaking out the Christmas music!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day. Such cute pic of Talmage sitting all alone. Our Kayta was the same way. Strong independent cute but a stinker - come to think of it she still is. Haha
    this is Leah BTW

    ReplyDelete