Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's a Small, Small World

It's a small world after all...especially in the church! Meet some of our AWESOME new friends here in Cambridge: Rob and Christa Ellis and Verlan and Katherine Lewis.


Here come's the small world factor. Get this:
  • Rob was Jim's TA for a religion class at BYU
  • Christa and I were in the same BYU singles ward
  • Verlan's sister was one of my BYU roommates (Laura Lewis Paging Laura Lewis)
  • Verlan's uncle was Jim's first mission president
  • Verlan's cousin is one of Rob's best friends

Awesome, right? I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting! Anyway, Christa, Katherine and I have filled the past few afternoons with girl talk, cooking and tons of fun while our husbands slave away in the library. On Friday we were practicing our domestic diva skills and made a delicious dinner for the guys.

Christa is SUCH a good cook.
Katherine and I were begging her to teach us everything she knows!
Oh, and by the way, she's running a marathon tomorrow in Greece.
We're cheering you on from Cambridge Christa. Go! Go! Go!
Katherine and I were laughing at ourselves during the whole cooking process.
And, in our defense, both her bread and my pumpkin cake turned out delicious. Phew!
This girl is so happy and she served a mission in Spain, so cool!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love the small world factor! That looked like so much fun! Go Christa - a marathon in Greece is no small thing! I can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so random! How nice to have some familiar faces around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was me posting above, silly me. I didn't realize that I was signed in as Jeff.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy!!! I totally remember Christa, and of course! It's nice having some familiar faces when you're so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so fun! I can't wait to do it again :)

    ReplyDelete