Sunday, November 1, 2009

LONDON TOP TEN

We spent yesterday in London. To say I am in love would be an understatement...I am obsessed! The beauty, the history, the excitement, the galleries, the people-I loved it all. Here's the top 10 of the trip.
1. BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Our first of many family photos of the day.

The palace was HUGE. I kept telling T, "We're at Buckingham Palace!" in a high sing-songy fashion. He would start laughing hysterically. It was SO cute. We were both thrilled to see the real deal. I'm with Yul Brynner (you know, from Cool Runnings), I want to live there someday!

T and I threw a penny into the Buckingham Palace fountain. Jim asked what we wished for and some random old man said, "Don't tell him. If you tell, it won't come true." So we didn't tell Jim what we wished for, and we unfortunately can't tell you either. But it might have something to do with the previous picture!

2. BIG BEN
Jim, Talmage and Ben.
Jim taught me something new.
The clock is not actually named BIG Ben.
The BIG bell inside the tower that strikes on the hour is BIG Ben.
And now you know!

Talmage was not as impressed with Big Ben as we were.

3. HORSE GUARDS

Fact: The horseguards don't really protect anything.
Fact: They still look really cool.
Fact: That horse didn't even move when Jim and T stood so close.

Fact: There was a sign by my horse saying,
"The horse may bite or kick you. We're not responsible."
Fact: Horses sense fear.
Fact: Me and T stayed hecka far away!

4. TRAFALGAR SQUARE


Wasn't it so nice of Talmage to take this picture for us?
PS--you can see Big Ben in the background.

Roar!

We're in London just like Uncle "Elder" Jordan.
We've searched everywhere but we still can't find him!
(This is taken outside the Canada embassy.)
5. MCDONALDS

Hallelujah!
There's nothing like McDonald's when you're in another country.
I loved it in Taiwan. Jim loved it in Ukraine. And we both loved it in England!

6. HYDE PARK
A little smooch in the gorgeous park!

7. SERPENTINE
This lake was man-made for Queen Catherine by her hubby (King Something!).
I told my hubby that I wouldn't mind a lake of my own someday...we'll see what he can do!

8. GELATO

There really are no words to describe the deliciousness.
My pick: Hazelnut. Jim's pick: Ferrara Rocher. Yum!

9. VICKY AND AL
Me and Queen Victoria in front of Kensington Palace. This was where Princess Diana lived.

A statue made for the late Prince Albert by Queen Vicky.

10. HARRODS
That, my friends, is a whole city block, five stories high of heaven-on-earth. It was like no other store I've ever experienced. NYC Macy's or Sax 5th Anenue on a good day are still no comparison. It was absolutely incredible.
This was one of the many Christmas rooms.

Jim said my face was just like a kid in a candy store. I was shaking I was so excited. Here we are in the toy kingdom. It was a whole floor of TOYS!

That doll house almost costs as much as a real house. Incredible!

Exploring the food court. It all looked too good to be true!

The trip was a total success! Here we are--tired, but happy, and on our way home. Until next time, we love you LONDON!

7 comments:

  1. I just love reading about all of your fun adventures! You guys look like you are having a blast. You have some lucky boys to have such an awesome momma/wife. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, how awesome for you guys to get to have all these fun adventures! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo jealous!!! Looks like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FACT: I want your jacket!
    FACT: London looks just like Rexburg, Idaho :0)
    FACT: We live at Hyde Park
    FACT: I AM SO JEALOUS!
    FACT: I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same exact coat but in red. (Brass Plum?) I love the white one. And I love London too... even though I haven't been there yet. Also, you're dang skinny girl. Seriously. You must not frequent McDonald's enough. ;) jk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful adventure! I am convinced that you could make any place on earth an awesome place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys seem like you are seriously making the most out of your stay over there! But it's London?! Who wouldn't, right?! I love your posts and you always make me laugh! I agree with Brittney.. "you are dang skinny." T must be a good eater :)

    ReplyDelete