Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fashion Week--Some Me Time ;)

James came home from work yesterday with an offer I just couldn't pass up: he would watch the kids and do the Saturday chores while I was being pampered in the allure lounge at fashion week. It's true, he learned about this awesome event and he made it happen for me. I really like that guy I tell ya!
 
So here's how it worked. I stood in line in front of this fancy UWS hotel, and when it was my turn to enter I was able to sign up for a free facial, manicure and hair styling. Plus, I was given a bag full of make-up, swag and of course, an allure magazine. Sometimes I find myself feeling so grateful I think I'm going to burst, and this was one of those times. I was hugging all the stylists and being maybe just a little over the top (but totally sincerely so!) and they were loving my excitement. Seriously though, how nice that they gave me a free mani, facial and hairdo. So nice!
 
I walked through Lincoln Center on my way home, admiring all the fancy people going to fancy fashion shows (and some super crazy, albeit fancy, outfits) and felt like my love for this city maybe couldn't be any deeper. And for my husband too, major brownie points he's scored for this one! And I really liked my fishtail.
 
oh, and btw, tonight as we once again went a-admiring over in Lincoln Center who did we see? Paris Hilton. And Nikki too. But I had left my camera at home. Shame, shame.
And btw one more time, she really did look as perfectly put together as she does in internet pictures...but she wasn't accessorizing with a dog. Which made my boys sad.  
 
 The allure lounge in the Empire Hotel.

 The line, which I entered at just the right time because it was not as crazy as this here line looks.

Me feeling a little excited at the bag of treats I received. I had no idea that they were handing out so many goodies. It was kind of like my Birthmas (birthday and Christmas--that cool!) 

 And a few hours later, I left feeling pretty darn good about life. And my nails. They look really good.

When I walked through the door Ever Knight came running. The first words out of his mouth, "MOOOOMMMMM! You look dood!" You know, like good but he pronounces it in the cutest way. Then he wanted to take a picture with me, as he does. And look at it 100 times, as we do.

6 comments:

  1. Do you know what this reminds me of? When you came back from your internship in New York and told us all of the new fashion trends in NYC that were going to be popular... like wearing black and brown together as long as you meant to do it. Haha! I never believed you, but I guess it was true. This event looks like so much fun!! Wish I could have gone with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Britt, I wish you were here to come with me. I miss you! And PS--black and brown totally go together, right?!

      Delete
  2. Love it! BTW, you and Ev make a darling couple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I was thinking the exact same thing as brittney, though this time around I would believe anything you had to say about fashion;)

    ReplyDelete