Monday, September 2, 2013

our place


24' X 20'. That's the size of the pretty little place that we call home these days. That's 480 square feet, just in case you were wondering. It's kind of tiny, but it's also a half a block from Central Park so I can't complain. Until winter, and then I might be complaining a lot, a lot. No me gusta the cold, especially in tight quarters with my two rugrats. But I digress, our place. It's great!
 
This is how our living room/dining room looked for a few days after our things arrived. I was super grateful when we could see the floor again.
 
the boys room
We decided to give the boys the big room, which was maybe the best decision we made in this awesome apartment. I think it looks so great, and there is actually space for them to play on the ground and a place for them to put their toys.


the main room
Our family room/dining room/everything-else room. We started with a smaller table with two benches, but eventually I decided that I was willing to sacrifice some space so our family could comfortably sit together at meals. We got all our furniture on Craigslist (and then hiked it all across Manhattan) and we are certainly pleased with how it turned out.   


the kitchen
It's tiny, and for some reason the boys think it's awesome to hang out with me in there when we're cooking, but it works...especially after James built me some extra shelves in this awkward little corner of our kitchen!


 I don't have pictures of our room or the bathroom, to be honest they are too small to take photos of, but if you come visit me you can definitely get a look! 
 
But we do have a lobby that Ever Knight adores. There are mirrors on every wall and he uses the center carpet as a runway, admiring himself all the way to the door. It's ridiculously endearing.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure know how to make a small space look like home! What a talent. :) Miss you guys like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with camille, totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a total rock star! That is significantly smaller than our flat in Cambridge but you made your place look a lot more beautiful and cozy. The boys room is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a flash back to the 490 square foot apartments we lived in in Provo! But with two kids added...:) Well, it is adorable. You make it look bigger than it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, James and I have talked about how crazy it is that this place is smaller than that one...and we've added a few more people along the way ;) Love your sweet babies and all their sweet pictures!

      Delete
  5. Wow it looks so good! Seriously. I'm not just saying that. Our Stanford place still doesn't look that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah right heather! I've seen your place and it's beautiful and I love it!

      Delete