Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mostly Joshua, Our Camel Friend

 

Mother Nature was kind in her delivery of a beautiful Saturday July 5th and we spent the whole day at the Bronx Zoo with tickets I recently won in a Mommy Poppins contest. Mommy Poppins is a city Mom's saving grace because it tells you everything that is going on in the city for kids each day. I have always loved it, but now more so than ever because FREE TICKETS! The best part of everything was that James was able to come with us--his very first time at the Bronx Zoo. Hooray!

The boys really wanted to ride on the camel and that just seemed like the perfect start to our Zoo adventure. I know we all think our kids are the cutest, but seeing my three boys atop Joshua the Camel I honestly wondered if other people were as smitten as me. On the train-ride home they all said the camel ride was the best part of their day so I'm really glad we made it happen.

Another highlight was the bug carousel. We rode a couple of times so that the boys could each sit on the "perfect bug." T was happy with his yellow ladybug the first go-around, but the second time wanted a red one. Ever wanted a yellow bug the first time, but then he decided he wanted a red one with spots. He was pleased as punch when I sat him on a blue spotted bug, and it wasn't until half-way through the ride when I said, "What an awesome blue bug!" that he said, "I'm not on a blue bug!!!" Have I mentioned that we wonder whether Ev is color blind? Oh dear, he thought he was on a red bug that whole time and I ruined it for him! Everett especially loved the up and down motion and it made me so excited to take him on rides at the State Fair in a few weeks.

We saw every animal at the Zoo and I was especially taken by all of the babies nursing on their mama's. I seriously sat watching the crazy monkey baby swing from trees (and from his mama's chest) for way too long. Oh, it was adorable and made me want to have babies forever. But of course I forgot to take a picture of that sweet, baby monkey (or the baby seals or the baby giraffe, darn it!) I did get a picture of the T-Rex from the dino safari though, because right now I have two little boys and this is where their interests lie.

After a good 7 hours in the park I came out of the bathroom and found my boys like this:

 
Yes, I think a late night of fireworks on the 4th and a full day at the Zoo on the 5th pretty much did them in. We were tired (and some a little grumpier than others) on the ride home...but boy did we sleep well that night!

3 comments:

  1. I had the same worries about Noah being color blind, especially because he always mixed up red and green, which is common in color blind folks. Good news, WAY LATER than I thought was appropriate, he's figured it out. Although even at three and a half, my boy who can name and identify all of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, still confuses yellow and orange sometimes. It will come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to know that! I'm hoping he'll get them soon like cutie-pie Noah!

      Delete
  2. The last pic cracked me up! Don't we just feel like doing that sometimes, anywhere?

    ReplyDelete