Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ev's big THREE day!

 

We have just closed another successful birthday season by celebrating our favorite three-year-old, Everett Knight. I still can't figure out how three years have passed since I held him in my arms for the first time and realized that all the love in the world couldn't match my feelings for his round cheeks and sweet disposition. But somehow, this time has passed and I must say that this was my favorite birthday with him yet! He was so excited about the simplest of things and so, truly grateful. Even with a raging fever and a yucky cough, he made the day marvelous! {And let's just talk about how he shows people he's 3 with his thumb and two fingers--adorable, right?}

For some reason all of my pictures from the day were uploaded in backwards order (from night to morning) but guys, it is what it is this fine afternoon because I don't have the patience to change it! So here's how Everett spent his birthday...read from the bottom up if you want it in order!

Everett requested a Spiderman cake and I did my darndest to make him what he wanted! To be fair, he's such an easy kid I probably could have made any cake and he'd have been happy (except pwincesses!) and his cake requests changed by the day, but Spiderman was requested more than the others so Spiderman it was. He was mesmerized by that baby and I think we sang to him at least four times. His blowing-out-candle skills need work though, just sayin!

Speaking of skills, my cake-making skills are seriously lacking these days, but Ev immediately knew who was on the cake and it tasted super yummy so we'll consider it a success. Even if I thought it looked somewhat like a red blob-monster and my ever-honest brother Chase said it kind of scared him!


We met Daddy in Central Park for a Shake Shack picnic dinner so that we could launch some stomp rockets and take advantage of the beautiful summer evening. At some point Everett's shorts were ditched in favor of his undies, which of course is not at all surprising from Ever Knight who likes to be naked more than anyone I know! The birthday boy wasn't feeling well at all, so he was happy to cuddle with me for a photo shoot instead of running wild in Sheep Meadow. James took about 30 pictures of us together and I do believe I'll cherish those pictures as long as I live!

A whole lot of Everett's friends met us at Adventure Park for a popsicle party--which was as simple and wonderful as it sounds. We all ate rainbow pops in honor of the birthday boy and then the kids ran off the sugar for a few hours in the splash pad. He got his "big pawty", everyone got a popsicle, and it was just about the easiest kid-thing I've ever planned. And so I don't forget, I let Everett eat 3 popsicles because he was so polite and grateful! And then he got his desired birthday lunch--Gray's Papaya hot dogs.

Right after breakfast we started on presents and Everett was so excited. He kept saying, "Oh wow, I need to wite dem a fank you cawd tomowow!" He was oh-so spoiled and felt so much love and for that I am extremely grateful!

Breakfast of champions--donuts, bacon, OJ and bananas on the side! He took one bite (or lick) of a donut before pounding 6 pieces of bacon. That kid cracks me up with his love of meat! Talmage on the other hand ate a ridiculous number of donuts.

Happy Birthday my littlest love. I am so glad we could have so much fun together celebrating the awesome kid that you are!

1 comment:

  1. Your cake making skills are lacking?! I seriously thought you had that cake professionally made! I'm SO impressed! And Ev man, he's a cutie! Way to go with the simple party- that's right up my ally! And he loved it, so you still get awesome mom points. :)

    ReplyDelete