Monday, April 25, 2016

Eight years

We've been married for eight years as of April 24th, which is kind of a big deal if you ask me. We went to Japanese food and shaved Taiwanese ice the night before our big day and our order number was 24, which if I was the least bit superstitious (which sometimes I am) I would take as a good sign. The condensed milk covered ice was WAY better than our noodle bowls, but a night out is a night out and we enjoyed the freedom that a babysitter offered! 

To some a Sunday anniversary would seem like a drag, but I was SO excited because Sunday is the only day I know that James will be home. Having him to myself/ourselves all day seemed the perfect way to celebrate our family birthday. And since he said I could choose all the meals, I went to town. We had french toast with buttermilk syrup for breakfast, cereal for lunch and sweet and savory crepes for dinner. It was amazing!!! The crepes though, they were unreal. I had 1) chevre, blackberry, bacon 2) marscapone, basil, strawberry and 3) nutella, banana, raspberry. Honestly, breakfast for every meal is what my heaven looks like!

After naps and dinner and crying through our wedding videos (oh wait, that was just me crying?!) we went on a walk around the neighborhood where the boys caught scooter air on the bumpy side walk, Quinny hogged all of Daddy's attention and picked up hundreds of sticks and I looked at this life we've created in the last eight years and felt grateful and satisfied. We've done good, James. We've done real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment