Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Feeling Showered at my Sprinkle


A friend in the ward threw me a little "sprinkle" for Wiggy baby #4, but I left feeling so showered with love it was overwhelming. I showed up at her house to find the table set with some of my favorite pregnancy food this go around (seaweed, bruschetta, strawberries) and I was both elated and shocked--how did she know that these foods were my foods? "I bet you didn't know you had a blog reader in me," she said with a smile. I didn't know she read this blog, but I was so touched (and become more so every time I think of it) because how loving and thoughtful of her to know me so well and plan a party so fitting? From there it was chatting and eating, opening cute baby girl clothes and receiving freezer meals for post-delivery use (or maybe tonight when the kids and I needed food but ain't nobody got energy to cook around here!) It's moments like these when I feel so blessed to be surrounded by truly good people and feel so lucky that I've once again found home in a new town.

The picture above does not, in fact, have anything to do with the baby shower but I did not, in fact, take a single picture of the event (for shame!) After the party we met up with some NYC friends (who are relocating to Provo but currently resting their heads in San Diego) for some Shake Shack and park play action. It felt like old times and yet it felt like just yesterday, the sign that these friends are forever keepers. Can't wait to continue this friendship for many years to come.

PS--Ended the day with a little baby splurge from Nordtrom and a passionfruit bubble slush. Epic Saturday, amiright?

No comments:

Post a Comment