Thursday, May 19, 2016

Strawberry Fields, Forever

I'm a certifiable city girl, but lately it's wide open spaces that make my heart flutter. I see my kids running through green pastures and noisily playing tag amidst berry bushes and NOT having to worry about getting hit by a car or stranger danger or bugging neighbors and I'm all, this is where kids should be raised. That, and I've probably watched one too many episodes of Fixer Upper. #chipandjo #relationshipgoals #demoday #someday #thefarmhouse #mydreamhouse

James has been working some ca-a-a-razy hours lately and the majority of the time I wake up in the middle of the night for pregnant bathroom duties only to find that he's still not home yet, or that he's slipped into bed beside me at some point. It's real weird and we're just counting down the days until PATERNITY LEAVE!!! Fourth baby, first paternity leave, and we're taking every last day!

Anyway, James has been a little MIA so when we woke up on Saturday morning and he still hadn't received an assignment from a partner and we realized that baseball was cancelled we peaced out of West LA in search of space and strawberries. We found both in spades.

Underwood family farms is my dream. James was shaking his head the whole time trying to figure out what has gotten into his city slicker wife (he did, however, wager that the instant the sun went down and I saw how dark the country gets I'd be the biggest scaredy cat the world has ever known--he's right!) but geesh, everything about the views, the experience and our day was ideal and seriously had me zillowing country homes. For sure going to Underwood will become a new family tradition and I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait to go back! 

You want to know how many pictures I took? 500-thousand-million...and here they are, every last one ;)

T: Uh, hi goat. My name's Talmage. Goat: Bahhh!

She's the spitting image of the eldest but she has the smiling skills of the middle one. Bless these two for their picture taking skills/patience. 



And you question whether or not I'm serious about moving to the middle of nowhere. This picture just about does me in every time I peek at it.

37 (?) weeks and eating my pregnant body weight in blackberries, warm off the bush.







She lost her shoes (mud puddle) but found her straw-bebe hat (Mary Poppins bag).

He climbed to the tippy top of a tall tree for the perfect Hass.



We came home with 15 more carrots (and a few more spiders) than expected because of this cute kid.

And this picture goes to show that what Quinny wants, Quinny gets--when Daddy is around. She has him wrapped tightly around her pinky, that Sister Sue. Today, pony ride. Tomorrow, her own pony? It wouldn't surprise me.

Popsicles and a nap on the drive home. This day was done right!

No comments:

Post a Comment