Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mothers Day

I'm usually not a fan of having my birthday and Mother's Day on subsequent days because I like to spread the celebration out as lllooooonnnngggg as possible, but this was a weekend to remember and I loved that I was pampered and loved on the whole weekend long. Breakfast is my love language so when I woke up to brioche french toast with strawberries and buttermilk syrup I was like, yep, day made! T made me a lovely flower art piece at school, Ever made me a necklace and Quinny actually gave me lots of loving instead of demanding her Dad so my Mother's Day was fabulous! What I really wanted for Mother's Day was a picture of me and my babies in front of the temple after church, but everyone was tired and grumpy and it just didn't happen. Instead, I took these silly selfies when we were already dressed for bed, a little unruly and the lighting was awful...and I couldn't love them more. Being a mom is the hardest thing I've done and to be honest I don't always mother gracefully, but I love these babies with all my heart and consider it a great privilege to belong with them. Happy Mother's Day to all who have a mothering heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment