Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Utah

As far as priorities go, being an aunt ranks way-hay-hay high on my list. That's why when I found out Kai had a baseball game the day I was driving to Utah come heck or high water I was going to be there for it. This may have meant that we left before anyone else in the world was awake, we only stopped to potty once and it was on the side of the freeway and I may have been driving with "the flow of traffic" the whole way, but it also meant that I was there when Kai hit a brilliant home run and to see him beam in my direction was to see my heart explode all over the bleachers. Gosh, I love that kid and all my littles and I was so happy for the chance Ash's marathon afforded us to be all together again.

So far, our babies seem to come in clumps. We have the first four who were born in consecutive years, then a by year, the triplets, then a by year, and then these twins who were born one month apart. They're similar height but Hunter is so much more mature and Quinn kept saying, "Whoa! Hunter is a kid now!" It's always fun to see our little groupies together and I can't wait for more groups of babies to come (from the boys, me and Ash are out!)

Jordan let us in on his summer buzz fun and kept us entertained for hours as he slowly lowered the gauge on his clippers. It's almost annoying how handsome he looks both with and without hair--some guys can pull off anything, and he's one of them! Seeing Lucy try to make sense of the situation and rub Jordan's bald head was just too cute for words.

Eight of the nine cousins after Sunday church, basically the more naked the child the crazier they are!


I know that puppies grow up to be dogs and I know that I can't handle any extra commitments at this point but geez, these furry friends made me want to break my no-pet policy! I asked. James said no.



A rainy Provo day set the perfect backdrop for a wild morning at Nickel City Arcade. $15 was all it took for hours of entertainment and the kids all left with a prize memorializing their video game success stories!

Lacey and Spencer were just as intrigued by T's new grow-a-pet as he was. And by grow-a-pet, I really mean grow-some-pets. Twelve in all, ranging from a cat to an aardvark to a buffalo but all looking pretty much the same if I'm being honest. They were all made of cheap foam material but they might as well have been gold-plated with how happy these little friends were with each and every one.

Everett was so excited to show Papa and Gigi his new reading skills, and I think they were as impressed as he was pleased. They were sure he had read that book before because his reading was crystal clear and the inflection in his voice was on point, but in fact he was reading it for the first time. Good job, Evie Knight!

Logan seriously does so much to make me feel comfortable and happy when I'm visiting them in Utah. From cleaning my car, to feeding my sugar addiction, to watching late night movies (and not hating me when I fall asleep) to bringing a chicken into the house in the middle of the night because I was sad that I was leaving the next morning and hadn't had a proper visit, he goes above and beyond what I would ever need. I am so grateful for such a stellar brother-in-law and husband to my favorite sister who puts up with my constant crazy! Thanks for the trip you guys, mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment