Thursday, April 5, 2018

Ice cream and fries for 100% guys

We reward for best effort over here, not for perfect grades, but it became apparent to me a few weeks ago that Everett may benefit from a little incentive to make his best work better than it has ever been. And what is the best reward for a kid like Ever Knight? McDonalds. Hands down, McDonalds. So I told him that if he got 100% on his weekly spelling test, something he's never accomplished, that I would take him to McDonalds after school for an ice cream sundae. You just would not believe how hard he worked to memorize his words that week, but even still there were some that were hit and miss. I was so nervous on Friday to learn his fate, but he ran out to me after school jumping and smiling and so excited because HE GOT 100 PERCENT!!! Seventeen words were spelled correctly and a shot of confidence was inserted into the cutest little first grader. I'm so proud of him for putting in so much time and effort so that he could truly do his best work. 

Mr. T heard about our little challenge and inserted himself into the competition as well. And guess what? 100% for that smart, little 3rd grader as well! I love these boys and their big, beautiful, ever-growing brains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment