Soccer season this year has been SO MUCH FUN! Quinn and Everett are both playing with AYSO and they are both rocking it. Everett is so aggressive and I joke that having him go kick the heck out of a soccer ball is a whole-lot cheaper than anger management sessions. You just would not believe the stink-face that little love-bug gives to the other team. I'm his mom and love his mug more than any other human on earth but I kid you not I have to look away it's so scawy! For so long I thought he hated competition but I'm now understanding he just hates to lose...and he's trying hard to make sure that doesn't happen by scoring goals right and left. I can't even sit on the sideline during his games because I'm so pumped...I'm the wacko mom pacing and trying not to be a back-seat coach!
And then there's Quinn, oh Quinn, never did I doubt she'd be an athlete. She scored three goals this last Saturday, and five the week before. This last week the other team's coach jumped in and played with them because Quinn was the only one touching the ball on the field. It's so natural to her. She just gets it--where to place her body, how to dribble the ball, where to kick the ball. It's beautiful to watch. I should probably say "pass" or maybe be embarrassed by the baby ball hog but do I or am I? Nope. No. Not at all. I cheer and scream and when people ask me what I've done to somehow train her for U5 soccer I laugh and tell them that Quinn is a force to be reckoned with. And she came that way. She is amazing!
Two sets of twins right here! The girls play together (and are so excited to finally be playing soccer like their siblings), and for maybe the 4th year in a row, so do Ev and Chasey!



No comments:
Post a Comment