Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Grandparentals

I've felt particularly grateful lately for grandparents and substitute grandparents who freely give my children so much love and attention. Last weekend we went to Sacramento and made the most of our 48 hours in town by visiting both MePa and the Big Wigs. A few days after we returned home James and I got a card in the mail from Papa and Gigi thanking us for helping them with a project. Quinn doesn't know how to read yet but the second she found out the card was from them she scooped it up, put it in her purse, and carried it around the house for the rest of the day, occasionally "reading" it's contents to Coco. Silly as it sounds, seeing Quinny love on that card and knowing that the people who sent it to her love her even more made me so happy. These kids are lucky, and so am I. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture with Quinny and the Big Wigs on this visit, but here are a few other grandparental photos of late.

Apple Hill with Mema. Favorite fall tradition right there, especially when you play hooky from school/work to go and it's warm enough for shorts!


BA is a brilliant substitute grandma to my kids. I didn't think they could adore her more, but then she adopted Casper and all four of them want to move in!

My parents came into town a few weekends ago and the boys all got to go to a UCLA football game thanks to, shocker, fabulous tickets from one of the partners at James' firm. 

While the boys were away, us girls sure played! Dinner, shopping, parks, oh my! It was a blast!

A fuzzy pic of me and my Mama! On this last trip to Sacramento Quinn cried for a full hour after we left because "I missssss Mema!" It may sound harsh, but my response? "Join the club!"



Grandma Winnie and Bruce have been so generous with their time and it's not gone unnoticed. They come down for short visits quite often and we all love having them close! 

No comments:

Post a Comment