I love these women right here. LOVE THEM!!! So when the stars aligned and we realized that a weekend in Northern California was more reality than dream I was ridiculously pumped. Laura, Rachel, Melissa and I all have kids the same age and between school and church and sports and Friday ice cream/beach day we basically Sister-wived our way through our LA life. These women are my rock and I've missed them. If it's even possible though, my kids have missed them even more. They drank up our weekend together like Gatorade in the Mojave. These are their people, their home, and we loved seeing them. (Melissa and Co. couldn't come last minute and you guys, you have never seen such tears in the Wigginton home. I didn't think a few of my kids would ever get over it. We miss you Burnetts. We NEEEEEEEEED to see you STAT.)
Showing the Redford's around our new hometown. First stop, kayaking at the lake!
We missed our Dean-o!
We spent a long and wonderful day at Big Basin, which is even more precious of a memory considering it was ravaged in the most recent fires. I'm grateful to hear that the trees have survived--they were built for this--but I'm so sad that the ranger stations and cabins were demolished. Other than a hike that was almost double what we thought it would be (ahhhh!), this day was out of this world!
I've missed adventuring with these women!
She hiked almost 7 miles by herself, but after a big fall I ended up carrying her for the other 3.
Movie night for the kids in one room, game night for the adults in another!
None of us live by each other anymore but I know we will be friends forever and I can't wait for more summer meet-ups to come. They're never, ever, ever getting rid of me hahaha!
Oh and PS, I want to keep Eden. That's all...
JK...not done yet. CORA!!! This is my baby and I love her so much.



No comments:
Post a Comment