Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I changed my watch today...

For the last week my watch has remained on England time. I refused to change it to California time until I actually felt like I was in California and, well, let's just say I've been a little tired. Mr. T had a hard time adjusting the first day (more like the first night) and while he has perfectly recovered, it took his Momma a few more days to feel like a real person. Well, today was the day. Today I changed my watch. I changed my watch to California time.

And with the change of watch (and mind) I will once again commence my blog-session. The last week has been full of fun, fun, family fun and luckily we have a few more weeks to soak in all of this family lovin'. There really is no place like home.


Can you believe ALL of those bags, boxes, carseats and suitcases belong to the three of us. AND, they were all included in our baggage claim (AKA--for freeeee). We definitely used every last inch (and pound) to fit our England life in that plane.

After an hour in customs and a few hours in the car, we reached Sac-town (from San Fran) and had a family dinner party at Dad Wigginton's office. We ate Chinese, caught up with family members and watched Talmage run around in his jet-lagged stupor. It was a blast.

All the Grandparents loved seeing this little man. Last time they saw him he was still a colicky, screaming, crazy 5 month old...but now he's a laughing, running, crazy 16 month old. Do you see his Cambridge grad shirt? What a cutie!
And in totally Talmage fashion, he went to anyone and everyone who offered food. Uncle Buck's ice cream for our welcome home celebration was a big treat!


Look at those McKee boys eating their Chinese (a meal that made me feel right at home!) I missed seeing their cute faces!
The weather in Cali has been hot, hot, hot. Like, over 100 degrees. Ouch! Talmage has found many ways to keep cool. Like the hose...

...and the baby pool Grandma bought for him...

...and the big-boy swimming pool.

I also broke down and gave Talmage a haircut. Jim's wanted me to give him a cut for months now, but I felt sorry for our mostly-bald son and resisted. BUT...I realized that it was time for a few snips in back to that he didn't look like an 80s rocker.
Grandma helped entertain the baby while I played barber. I know it wasn't much, but I think that Mr. T looks so much better with his new do. What a babe.

Here we are, showing off our new summer haircuts. It feels so good to be home, and on California time!

6 comments:

  1. well about time :) I have only been checking this space twice daily for a week ( your blog was worth the wait..though I now have big drippy tears running down my cheek..has something to do with Talmage and Grampa Newton handsome boys!)Glad you are allowing your self to be on Californian time enjoy enjoy enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah yeah yeah yeah....thank you for FINALLY posting!!! I love you guys and miss you so much! I am feeling pretty jealous of the family seeing you and I can't wait for our reunion!!!

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although you are still hundreds of miles away from me, I feel like we should play because you are back in the states. Unfortunately, as stated previously, you are still hundreds of miles away. What is the next chapter in the Wigginton family adventures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were just talking about your watch today! Your haircut looks fab and hope you're enjoying your California time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!!! It was great to see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to the good ole US of A! I felt much the same way you did when we moved to AZ from mexico... I love those people and miss them dearly! I can't wait to see all of your future adventures though in Cali!

    ReplyDelete