Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Remedy to Almost Any Meltdown

We've been going just a wee-bit stir-crazy since fall made it's grand entrance last week. We are such California kids and the cold weather (which everyone warns us hasn't even arrived yet) is enough to keep us warm and cozy indoors. BUT...with a little New York apartment sometimes we are at a loss for things to do. One day last week it was particularly bad and I had a little chipmunk following me from room to room, sobbing and pulling on my pant leg (mostly, I think, because he couldn't think of anything more entertaining to do).

Finally I said, "T, enough! How 'bout we go swimming. Do you want to take a bath?"


He ran off, and seconds later I found him still crying, but very anxious for his swimming pool to be filled to the brim! He sure was ready for his bath.
And within seconds of turning the water on the tears were gone and he was all smiles. I think he may be taking a whole lot of baths this winter!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute face! I love the picture where is he is crying in the tub with his clothes on. Classic. If T hasn't been betrothed to anyone yet, we should talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative mommy! Good job for being quick on your feet and thinking up some exciting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Addy and I did the EXACT SAME THING yesterday. I told Dave that she's either taking a bath in the middle of the day all winter long OR she'll be taking 2 baths a day (one during the day and one before bed).

    ReplyDelete