Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We've Been A-Workin!

This was sent to Mum (Jim's grandmother/ T's Great Grandma) today, but I thought it was so cute I wanted to share it with everyone. T's hands are the feathers and feet are the body. He was SO proud of his work. He walked around pointing to his creation saying, "Turkey. Turkey."

I finally got pictures up on my shelf. It's not perfect yet, but it's getting close-er!

Have you ever made one of these? Super easy! It's a picture board made out of a cork board. That fabric is from a thrift store and cost pennies. I have buttons but I'm not sure whether I want to add them yet. I like it!

I am SO proud of this one! My friend was moving and was going to give this coat rack to a thrift store. It was not in perfect condition and needed a little (read a lot) of TLC. I stripped it, sanded the heck out of it and then stained it. I'm SUPER pleased with the outcome...and it was free!

I have a small obsession with T's book shelf. How cute is kid stuff? Really. Does it usually look like this? Heck no. But when it does I get a big smile on my face. Cuteness.

For some reason I'm really likin on random patterns lately. Don't know why. Just sayin.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are exploring your artistic/creative side! You come from a long line of very artistic and creative people and I love to watch it manifest itself in you as well! Love all the handiwork, it all turned out fabulous! Keep it up!

    Oh and by the way, that little turkey of ours- is cute, cute, cute! (Talmage) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your creativity! I have a ton of projects that I would like to do, but I feel too lame to be able to pull them off!

    Also, Talmage is the cutest! There should be an arranged marriage in the works here. She's only like a year older - that's not bad at all. However, if Talmage is unhappy with that scenario I will gladly pop out a little girl next - run it by him - let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little turkey! We're gonna do a couple of those for FHE tonight!

    ReplyDelete