Saturday, May 26, 2012

The best suprise EVER!

We've been sick around these parts lately. It started the day before my birthday when I ended up in Urgent Care with a nasty case of Strep Throat. I was literally spitting into a cup so that I wouldn't have to swallow, and then would be in tears when my body forced me to wet my throat. Not pretty.

  I must have passed the nasty bug onto my computer, because it died the next day. The hard drive was fried, I was told by a man at the local computer hospital, and nothing could be recovered. I bawled as I thought about all the pictures that were lost--T's NICU days, England and NYC, our various vacas, Evie's birth and subsequent surgery, blessed Stanford.  After a few days and a ridiculous estimate, my pretty little laptop left it's Palo Alto hospital and headed to Sacramento where a super talented friend actually recovered nearly every picture on that fried hard drive. T was in surgery when I got the call from him and it put the biggest smile on my face.

Anyway, continuing on with my we've-been-sick-sob-story...

T had his second nose surgery, and it didn't go quite as well as the first, but more on that later. The day after surgery he spiked a high fever and was ridiculously sick. And then I started feeling yucky, again. And then two days ago Evie started acting grumpy and before I knew it he had a 102.5 degree fever. So we've been in and out of the doctors office, but of course it's just a virus (we hope so, at least). And then James woke up with a sore throat. And all on the weekend my parents were supposed to come visit us. We cancelled the trip and I was SO disappointed.

This morning we were cleaning up after breakfast and blasting some tunes when we heard a knock at the door. I was upstairs dressing a sicky Evie when I heard two voices that were so familiar. "SUPRISE!" the voices yelled...and T's high-pitched squeal of delight let me know just who he saw behind the door. My pajama-clad body ran downstairs to see the prettiest faces in the world--my parents! They were here to scrub my floor, clean the bathroom, play with the kids and make the yummiest soup for lunch. And they came bearing gifts--my fixed computer and a new cell phone (I haven't had one in a few years!) We even talked them into staying for dinner on campus. It was so nice of them to make the trip down and it was maybe the best suprise I've ever had!
     
 

Hundreds of posts to come about our awesome May. Okay, maybe not hundreds. But probably a lot more than you want to see!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! You are back online! I've missed your posts more than you will ever know!

    We loved the surprise - it really made our day! We are praying for a super healthy Wigginton family!

    Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete