Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Elder Uncle Chase

I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with T when my brother Jordan left on his mission. Talmage only knew him by the letters I would read to him and the pictures he saw. We called him Elder Uncle Jordan and they met for the first time when T was nearly two.

It's weird to think that we are nearly repeating the situation--this time with an Elder Uncle Chase and an Evie that will only know his uncle by letters and pictures. Talmage on the other hand, he is very aware of his Uncle Chase and is going to miss him terribly. You should have seen my boo-boo lip the size of Texas when Chase mentioned that when he got home from his mission that T would be 5. FIVE? That's insane. And Evie will be T's age. They LOVE their Uncle Chase and I'm so grateful for the example he is setting for them.

Today was the day that things became official. My parents made the trek to Utah and dropped Chase off at the Missionary Training Center in Provo. He will study there for three weeks before heading to Ogden. He has shown so much maturity in preparing and receiving his missionary call and it's awesome to see his understanding of what missionary work is all about. He will do a great job teaching people about the love of Jesus Christ because His light emulates in Chase's face. 

I am so excited for him and proud of him!

We went back to Sac for the weekend so we could hear him speak in church and say goodbye. We were almost late to church because I was snapping pictures (and making Jim snap pictures) in front of the house...whoops! At least we got some good ones with that cute little brother of mine!

Me and my Mom after a fun morning of dress-up ;)

 I'm so sad Evie's not in this picture. He was sleeping. 

 President Taylor and Chasey

 We love you Elder Uncle Chase.

3 comments:

  1. Heather, you look gorgeous!! Love, love, love your lighter hair color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy stuff, my brother leaves for the Ghana MTC tomorrow. He is going to the Sierra Leone/Liberia mission. Ahhhhh can't believe how much our kids will grow up while they are away :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stared at your hair all day on Saturday and Sunday admiring how great it looked, and never said anything to you. I love it.

    ReplyDelete