Friday, January 4, 2013

We partied and now we're home. Part 2.

Christmas Day
 
The boys were visited by Santa and Talmage patiently waited for Everett to wake up so we could go see what he brought (we ended up waking Evie up--the one morning he's slept in all year long!) T got an electronic drum set and Evie a basketball hoop. They were pretty excited that morning, but also a little overwhelmed. The highlight of the day by far was talking to my brother on the phone (and Skype). He is on a mission for our church and I am so proud of him. The lowlight: Everett throwing up at the dinner table right as we were sitting down to eat. Awesome! 

 
 
 
KaiKai at Naptime
 
How cute is that kid? Seriously! Cuddled on the ground at naptime with both of his monkey's (he did almost give me heart failure when I couldn't find him in his bed!)
 

 
 
Evie's Mood Swings
 
Happy Evie. Sad Evie. This was taken on blanket-washing day. It was a rough one.
 
 
 
California Aerospace Museum
 
James and I took the 3 boys to the airplane museum and they were in love! IN LOVE. They got to sit in the cockpits and Kai was the Captain (he was so excited!) They ran around and touched every single last plane. And when we were done, we went to the rocket ship playground next door and they ran some more. Let me tell you, they took some amazing naps that day!
 

 
Everett's First Day of Nursery
 
Evie turned 18 months on Sunday, December 30th. He was all smiles for the first half, but then started sobbing so bad that the teacher came to get me. I heard rumors that he might have been a little roughed up by some of the bigger kids so I'm hoping that that was the case and that he'll be fine next week (did that sound so callous?!) He does make a super GQ nursery-goer, agree?

 
 
 
The Brow Bar
 
My mom got Ash and I a gift card for the Brow Bar for Christmas and we are pretty sure it was a subtle hint that our eyebrows were out of control! Not anymore, thanks to the lovely Heather at Macy's...our eyebrows have never looked better. Ever. And depressingly they probably never will look this good again!
 
 
Love. This. Kid.
 
Really love him. Kind of like he's my own kid. I would probably take him home if Ash would let me. Just for the weekend Ash? Paaa-llleeeeeaaasssse?
 
 
New Year's Eve
 
We had a New Year Countdown for the kids before their bedtime. It obviously wasn't cool enough for Everett because he woke up at 11 and didn't go back to sleep until after 1. Martinelli's, the ball dropping and 2 of my 3 guys...not a bad way to start 2013!
 
 
 
2013
 
We started the first day of the new year with a family run. Remember how I kind of hate running and remember how I set a running goal for this year. Hilarious. And ridiculous. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow you seriously caught every moment!! We had so much fun! Love you and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for family running! So good to catch up for a few minutes after church.

    Also, sorry to read about your loss. <3

    ReplyDelete