Thursday, February 7, 2013

We wear RED for our hero!

On February 1st our family wore RED to show support and love for this sweet little guy and all of his heart friends. Congenital heart defects are the most common and deadly birth defects, and February is my month to stand on a CHD soap box and tell the world how we are members of that "1 in 100" club. You've been warned! 

February 1st was the official "wear red" day, but I've been trying to sneak a little bit of red (or at least a heart or two) into every outfit I wear. I have never been the girliest of girls, but after Evie came to our family I've been addicted to hearts. Love them. They are a reminder of my special little guy and his continuous heart battle.

Talmage is smart beyond his years. He understands things. He internalizes things. He gathers facts and comes to conclusions. He knows more about heart defects, surgery, and the reality of mortality than most adults. I love him, and hope that all of this exposure to the heart world shapes into a compassionate, understanding and accepting man.

We snapped a quick-pic of Dad-man before he ran off to school. Random cuteness: Everett is talking up a storm lately and when James puts his backpack on in the morning Evie catches the hint and says, "Bye Daddy. See ya sooo!" Oh my adorable...I wish you could hear it in person!

You have introduced us to a beautiful world, Everett Knight. A world full of people who were born with special hearts, and also the people who have been changed because of them. We're lucky you're ours!

2 comments:

  1. I told Frankie that it was heart week and that we were celebrating our heart baby friends. And he said, "Like I am going to make Evie a special heart valentine for being strong!" Thanks for letting us be apart of your heart world Evie Knight! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spread the news! I'm doing it too! :) You all look great!

    ReplyDelete