Tuesday, April 2, 2013

While Running

Last week I ran my first 5-mile course since being taken off bedrest. It was excruciating. I came home with jello legs and sob stories of never-ending hills. I was running uphill the whole way!

I decided to do the same course today, but run it backwards so that I'd miss all those pesky hills. I'm tricky like that. And you know what? I came home with jello legs and sob stories of never-ending hills. How it was possible for me to run uphill the whole way last week when I ran uphill the whole way this morning is beyond me, but it happened I tell ya.

And then I realized that all those stories from our grandparents about walking "uphill in the snow both ways" were not some crazy exaggeration after all. They were telling the truth, those poor, poor people. They must have been so tired after their continuous uphill treks. Major sympathy from me to them is happening right now!

And just for clarification sake, it wasn't snowing on my run this morning--but a squirrel did jump from one tree to another right above my head and soaked me with last night's rain. Awesome timing!


3 comments:

  1. hahaha I loved that! So funny and so true...except lately I feel like that just walking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got jello legs bad this week too. Why is it that one good jello leg inducing run can't just get you back into shape?

    ReplyDelete