Saturday, November 16, 2013

They went to Chicago

So, last weekend James and Everett went to Chicago while Talmage and I stayed in New York. They went to introduce Everett to Mum, his great-grandmother who he was long overdue to meet and to visit with Grandma. Talmage cried when he found out he'd be left behind...until I told him about mommy/son date nights full of movies and popcorn in mommy's bed, then he was counting down the seconds until their departure. The trip was really special for James and Ever, and it was great for me to spend some alone time with T (although seriously? why can't my date ever sleep in a little!)
 
One thing that surprised me was that I missed Evie way more than he missed me. I was sure that my little Momma's boy would be devastated that he didn't have me for three whole days. I mean, he's pretty much in my arms all the day long. But, psshh--that kid didn't even miss me an inch. Granted, his "Winnie" was spoiling him up one side and down the other so I know he was just in grandchild heaven but sheesh, remember us little people Ev, ok? I don't know if I should feel shafted or proud by his independence. Mostly I'm just grateful for an awesome Grandma that took good care of my little boy and his Daddy while they were away from me!
 
Here are some pictures of their adventure in Chicago:
 
James entertained Ever by taking selfies all the way from LaGuardia to O'Hare. There were a whole lot of pictures that looked a whole lot like this when I got my camera back!

Everett came home with all sorts of amazing new toys, like the fireman hat and giant coloring book above. My favorite thing is to ask him where those things came from. He says, "From Winnie, she's my Grandma!" So, so cute!

Remember how Everett didn't miss me? Well...above you will see why! Winnie had all of his favorite things ready for him when he got to her house--including bacon and "punkin patch cookies."

Three of just the sweetest of sweet shots of Ever with his Winnie!

And this picture above, now that is something really special. I am so glad that Everett was finally able to meet this delightful woman we know as Mum.

When they were about to leave Mum's home for the day Everett yelled, "No! Not yet! I need to give my Mum a kiss!" and ran to her bed to give her loves. Things like that just melt my heart.

A kinda-blurry picture of all four of them.
 
My cute boys posing before church on Sunday!

Their flight was delayed on the way back because, surprise, it started snowing around these parts. Say goodbye to my smiley-face because remember how me and the cold don't get along. Zero percent. But I regress, James and Everett had a lot of down-time in the airport and Everett spotted a kid watching Ninja Turtles and invited himself to the show. Soon, all of the little boys in their terminal were crowded around this kid's computer. I love that Everett has pushed himself front and center! They were home a few hours later than expected but Evie was a champ. And so was James ;)

As for me and T, we did a whole lot of undocumented fun stuff last weekend, like eating McDonald's French fries, taking Metro North an hour out of the city to see the Blaze (an exhibit which features 5000 ridiculously incredible carved pumpkins, like the T-Rex above) and attending a Diwali Celebration at the Met. It was beautifully busy and T kept thanking me for "all da fun fings you have pwanned!" But let's be real. When the boys were reunited I asked T if he was so happy to have his brother back and you want to know his response? "Yeah, 'cause now I don't have to play with you, Mom." Thanks kid, thanks a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of Ev and his winnie are just the sweetest pictures ever! I know that she must have loved every second of having them so close!

    ReplyDelete