Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 NYC Santa Crawl

I make it a point to see as many city Santas as possible each holiday season. They all have their own personalities and the stores are all decorated so beautifully and I tell ya, I just can't help myself. Believe it or not, we saw five Santas this year and that wasn't even all of the ones I was hoping to catch. But it was a good group (including my two absolute favorite, never miss men in red!)

1. Gracious Home
This was part of Winter's Eve, a huge block party on the Upper West Side near our home. It was raining cats and dogs, James was held up at work and Quinny was hungry (or otherwise dissatisfied)...but we got our first picture with Santa of the season! And they even printed you pictures and emailed you the picture FOR FREE. Merry Christmas to all, right?


2. ABC Carpet and Home
If you are spending Christmas in NYC, this is a don't-miss man! He is one of my favorites, dressed in fancy St. Nick grab and sat in the most fantastic winter wonderland background. You can take all the personal pictures you want of your kids on his lap and this year he gave each child a toy reindeer, hand-crafted in Germany. Yes, this is the fancy Santa and I just adore him.


3. Church Party Santa
You know, because he was giving out free candy canes. But no way were they going to sit on his lap!


4. Macy's
We usually love Santaland at Macy's, but this year our experience was a little less jolly. Turns out our Santa was having a rough day and definitely didn't take well to Quinn trying to tear off his beard or screaming in his ear. T was unimpressed and Ever was being a goofball, so yeah. But at least we didn't have to wait in line this year because I wised up and got us a fastpass. Is it weird though that I kind of missed waiting in line?



5. The Plaza
This is another one of my city favorites--a definite must-see. We squeezed in a visit on Christmas Eve before running to T's pageant and as always, this holly, jolly, rosy, smiley Santa did not disappoint. I love that he takes so much time talking to each child and making them feel important, plus that NYC background is dreamy.


 See you next year Santa(s)!

No comments:

Post a Comment