Monday, December 15, 2014

my little boys

My boys need their Mama, that's what I'm realizing more and more lately. Talmage sat at the dinner table earlier this week in tears because, in his words, "ever since September we just don't get to spend any time together." September = the start of school and yes, time has been stretched thin since then. Throw in a new sister who is a fussy-pants baby and I can see how he misses me because frankly I miss him too.

And then this morning I had to wipe the tears from Everett's round cheeks as he cried, "I don't want to gwow up. I want to wiv wif you fowevah. I onwy want to get mawwied wif you mommy." This, in response to my playful rule that he wasn't allowed to get bigger. He understood that it was a joke, but the reality of age and time were not lost on him. He spent many years as my baby and I think a part of him will always want that role.

Time is moving at a dizzy-fast pace and all I want is for more alone time with T and for Ev to get his wish of staying little forever. I love these boys till it hurts, and I'm trying everyday to help them feel how special they are.

Left: Our dark selfie from a field trip to the Big Apple Circus. /// Right: Brownie batter licking Ever.

T's class, Where's Waldo anyone?

These two created the grandest of gingerbread villages!

Left: Ev's first snow feelings. /// Right: T's first snow feelings.

They requested a picture next to Paddington in the subway. They can't wait to see this movie!

After months and months of {sometimes} patiently waiting, T was the star name at school. Their class figured out that his name has one word, two syllables and he can spell the words tale, a and age with letters in his name. He was beaming when he came home!

No comments:

Post a Comment