Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Sicky Quinny

I feel like all of my posts lately start out the same. Here it is: "I really wanted to write the other day but I couldn't because my baby was screaming, my toddler was hungry and my big boy had to be at play practice, but today I'm finally going to allow myself a second to write. Amen." Am I right? I said, am I right? (Charlie Brown reference anyone?) Well, so, I guess it's Groundhog Day because that's exactly how I was feeling again today. Like, gosh wouldn't it be nice if I had time to write more often so that when I actually sat down to write I didn't have to apologize to myself, to my creativity and to all of you (ehem, Mom) for not writing. New Year Resolution maybe? Yes, that and train my baby to fall asleep without deep-knee bounces. And limit my intake of Oreo's.

The real time-suck lately has been that my kids can't seem to catch a break in the sickness department. I mean, I was just barely seeing the light return back to Everett's eyes after our "Welcome to Flu Season" Thanksgiving and then, wham! he was sick again and Quinn wasn't far behind. Our house is full of nebulizers, humidifiers, saline drops and snot-suckers and I'm juggling more ear infections than I have children. Quinn was finally diagnosed with RSV and croup, a dangerous combination for a 2 month old that has led to daily doctors appointments and trips to pharmacies all over town to find the perfect medications and tools to heal her. It's been really scary because she gags and chokes and coughs until she is blue in the face and her eyes start bugging out of her head, and then she whimpers and cries in exhaustion and fear. I must admit, a few nights ago I was up every few minutes with her and instead of being grumpy that I was up again, I was grateful that she was still alive and that we weren't yet in the hospital. A little personal to share in this space, maybe, but that's the truth. It's been a stressful and scary week, but she just started a new round of antibiotics and already I think she's on the up and up. And Everett, our sicky pro, is loving the perks that come along with illness, namely lots of juice and lots of movies! Hopefully this round of antibiotics will slay those ear bugs for good. Talmage has somehow stayed healthy, and miraculously so have I. May the force continue to be with us!

So...there you go. Life lately at the Wiggy abode has clearly been quite glamorous! Lucky for us we live in a pretty great city and as long as Quinny's being carried she's a decent adventurer so we've still had our share of Christmas fun (which maybe sometime mid-January I'll get around to documenting!) In the meantime, I'm just feeling awfully grateful for so many things and awfully hopeful that we'll all be healthy again soon. And of course, here are this week's favorite Quinn-pics:

One of these days getting medication for my children won't require hours (3 1/2 to be exact) of walking from pharmacy to pharmacy (5 to be exact) in the cold, subway trips during rush hour, or being yelled at on the street for not having a hat on Ever's head. But then again, one of these days I won't have this pretty view as my amoxicillin is being filled! Also, how cute is it to see Quinn's name on the Pharmacist's board.

 The picture on the left is more realistic, but the picture on the right is so elfishly cute!

 My doctor wants Quinn to sleep in the car seat so that she can be elevated when she coughs. Lucky for all of us she wouldn't dream of sleeping anywhere else. Except my arms of course! And that picture on the right? Just Quinny enjoying her sauna.

 
 It's no secret that Quinn is a crier, but I must admit that lately we have been enjoying small moments of cooing and smiling before the next screaming storm. She is just the cutest baby and the amount of love I have for her is more than words can express. Each time I have a baby I think that there has never been a baby more loved in all the world, and since there are more people in our family to love them, I guess that's true. That sweet Quinny-girl, gosh she's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment