Sunday, January 25, 2015

Her Sophie and Her Fumb

I'm happy to report that things are getting back to normal around here after that exhausting exciting trip to Washington. Supposedly Everett told his preschool class how much he loved seeing the monuments and going to the museums (ha!) and Talmage wants to know if he can stay home with me and go on more vacations so I guess it was a success after all. Plus Quinn is on a schedule once again which makes both her and me very happy! She needs her sleep, that girl, which is further proof that she is, in fact, my daughter! 
 
Quinny got a Sophie the Giraffe for Christmas and she is obsessed with the thing. She waves it all around, hugs it close to her body, and more often than not she gives Soph kisses (AKA bites, licks and sucks on the poor giraffe!) I thought that maybe she just liked toys in general, but she doesn't give her other toys nearly as much love as she does Sophie. Santa did right with this toy!

She's also started to suck on her thumb, although chew on her thumb is a better way to describe it. Quinny doesn't really love her binky (although she takes it before bedtime and then spits it out when she's ready to fall asleep) but her thumb, now that's something she loves! Everett is the thumb police since his dentist told him he needs to break his own thumb-sucking habit (which he hasn't, PS) and keeps telling her, "Don't suck your fumb Quinny or you'll need bwaces someday!" Turns out she doesn't care. I'm a thumb-sucker and I don't care who knows it! 

I know it's a bad habit and everything, but can you really resist a thumb-loving baby? I sure can't. We all love our future brace-face Quinny-girl so very, very much!

4 comments:

  1. Im loving your picture taking skills Heath! And I LOVE that little Fumb sucker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like someone got themselves a fancy schmancy camera?! Arent they the best for our fast moving kiddos? I love mine. Ok, Cam does the EXACT same thing with his binky! Takes it right before bedtime, spits it our right before he falls asleep, and never uses it any other time. He much prefers his thumb too. Quinn and Cam were just meant to be BFF's i think. Btw, doesnt that sound adorable together?! I know there are all sorts of problems with thumb sucking babies but really, there's not much cuter than an adorable baby loving their thumb! She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like Cam and Quinn are SO much alike. And yes, adorable. Let's just start putting our match-making skills to work now because being in-laws with you guys would be a dream! And regarding the pictures--I got a fancy camera almost a year ago and am just now starting to use it. I LOVE it so much, but I'm still learning. Your pictures are always so great so don't be surprised if I start hitting you up for help!

      Delete
  3. Ok, I was wrong, I hadn't seen these pictures. She is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete