Sunday, January 4, 2015

Ice Skating @ Bryant Park

The whole way to Bryant Park Everett was on repeat with his whines, "I don't want to go skating. I'm not going skating. You won't put skates on my feet. I want to go home." It didn't matter how many times I told him that he was more than welcome to sit on the sidelines with Quinn and me, he wanted all of New York City to know that he was NOT happy with any of this skating business. But I bet you can guess what happened, right? The second we shell over the cash for T's skates Ever starts whining, "Why didn't you get me skates? I want skates! Why did you get him skates and not me skates? I want to skate!" Three-year-olds, they sure make life interesting! This little firecracker is so much sass and so much sweet, sometimes in the very same moment. But despite his best efforts, he had a blast skating and can't wait to go back again!

Bless Daddy's heart, he pretty much dragged Ever Knight around the rink because he refused to skate by himself but wanted so badly to skate. You see that picture on the right? That's what the two of them looked like lap after lap after lap. James won a sore back and a gold medal.

Quinny and I were happy to sit on the sidelines, watching our boys and practicing selfies. 

Per usual, Talmage needed not one ounce of help from his parents and was loving the adventure of skating, and falling! He marched around the rink the first few times, but before we knew it he was gliding around the ice...and fast! I told him that we have some talented hockey players in our family tree and this made him oh, so excited. Who knows, T might be our little athlete after all!

Me and my three babies. I love these kids so much! {Poor Quinn getting smashed, life of a 3rd!}

And here is James, AKA Super-Dad, carrying and pushing some very tired boys home from our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment